Meet Reba. She and I shared a little moment on a farm in Nova Scotia. Up close you see how massive cows are. Even a year-old calf like her. And then you realize how gentle they are. And of course, sensitive. Like massive doe-eyed dogs, kind of. After I saw her keeper scratching her neck I did the same and felt the full weight of her affection bearing down on me and that giant pink slurping tongue. One day I imagine living in a place with cows like her, chickens and sheep and goats and horses. What a childish little dream. But the fleeting moments I spend with animals in person, looking them in the eye and trying to cross an uncrossable bridge of understanding is rewarding in a way that's unlike all the other interactions I have. Godly, almost.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps


Comments
Post a Comment